Thursday, June 03, 2021

Thought for Thursday


Have you even pondered the nature of reality, asked yourself what is the nature of consciousness or gazed up at the night sky and marveled at our insignificance in the face of an infinite universe? Well, I doubt most other people have either, but, I was interested to see a new series of science documentaries on BBC2 starting last Sunday. Called "Adventures in Space and Time" they're hosted by that unstoppable marmite of a science presenter Brian Cox (my Wife hates him) and cover various "big questions" on the themes of space and time (I guess the clue is in the name really) Anyway, the first one was quite good I thought, and looked into Cox's past escapades while presenting various space travel programmes on the BBC over the last few years. I particularly loved the shots and technical specifications of the Saturn 5 rocket that took men to the Moon, just unbelievable the scale and engineering involved. Anyway, next week is all about little green men (and whether they might exist etc.) I'll definitely be grabbing a prime spot on the sofa at 9pm this Sunday and tuning in, should be fun.

BTW the photo above illustrates a classic Quantum paradox, it's a rare photo of Schrodinger's cat..

 

No comments: