Saturday, August 07, 2021

Free lunches..


Decided to wonder into town and have a cheeky half at our favourite bar this afternoon, so far so good! Whilst there I noticed that on the chalk board advertising the beers on tap this fine evening, was a little note suggesting that logging 25 check-ins on Untapped (a web app for recording beers drunk at venues) would be compensated with "rewards"! 

Fortunately for me I've recorded over 50 check-ins on this particular app at this venue over the last couple of years but only just read the notice! I enquired about the so called "reward" to see what it was? Turns out that 25 check-ins gets you a free pint and as it transpires, the number of check-ins I have accrued (over 50) is therefore worth 2 free pints! Luckily my Son and I were quite thirsty after walking into town at quite a lick, and two (free) pints were just the remedy! We went for a couple of hazy IPA's from NZ called "Idaho Haze" (see above) citrus fruit, tasty and hazy as feck, just the job for a rainy Saturday afternoon/evening! The philosophical lesson is clearly that there is such a thing as a free lunch, you just have to diligently record your pints on social media to get one!

 

No comments: