Friday, August 13, 2021

Workday Walk


Had a leaving drink with a colleague today (Friday) and she'd organized for everyone to meet in a pub on the outskirts of Bracknell, Berkshire which is next to the town I live in. Rather than drive over there I decided to kill two birds with one stone and incorporate my daily exercise into the event, so I walked the 4 km each way! We're fortunate in that the space in between the two towns (to the North at least) is still undeveloped and essentially countryside. The walk to the pub was mostly on footpaths through open meadows and even though the weather today isn't particularly great it was lovely to spend quality time strolling through the flower strewn fields and past glorious old oak trees. I can imagine that in 10 years time these open spaces will be gone, the housing developments are encroaching ever closer seemingly on a daily basis; even in the 20 or so years we've been living here the countryside surrounding the towns has shrunk considerably, such a loss, we've all got to live somewhere I suppose but I do hope it's all worth it.

 

No comments: