Sunday, December 18, 2016

Chocolate wine


In scenes reminiscent of the famous Monty Python "peppermint Burgundy" sketch, I had a wine called "chocolate block" last night. Mainly Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes it was unctuous, fruity and "modern" in a somewhat confected sense. Not bad (and not much to do with chocolate) but certainly not a classic or too memorable.

Starting to get into the Christmas mood this week as we had our company "do" on Friday evening, a boozy, disco boat trip along the Thames from Caversham up to Mapledurham lock and back. I splashed out a bit with some decent (free) wine and grub, everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. For added mirth I hired a cartoonist to sketch caricatures of everyone, once I get my scanner working (I use it so infrequently these days the drivers are out of the Arc) I'll post the one of me.

No comments: