Friday, July 09, 2021

Football mess..


I'm not a great follower (read fair-weather follower only!) of football but it's difficult to avoid it at the moment, the media is saturated with the stuff, I even heard someone on the radio this morning talking about whether or not the players should be knighted! I thought that was a bit presumptuous and perhaps even disrespectful toward the Italian team?  Anyway, I find it utterly nauseating that every politician and his uncle has jumped on the "football bandwagon".. I think if I hear the phrase "its coming home" in some naff political pun one more time I might have to stick knitting needles in my ears, every example I've heard so far has simply illuminated how far most politicians have drifted from real-life, no wonder we're in such a mess.



 

No comments: