Tuesday, July 20, 2021

That's news to me..

 


So, "freedom day" has come and gone and apart from a few rave-goers, or as I like to call them, feckless lemmings, has anyone really noticed any difference to their lives? I suppose it's now much easier to pick out people who are thoughtful/informed/considerate vs. those that simply aren't any of those things, i.e. the latter are the ones not wearing masks on the rush-hour trains. Anyway, with cases likely to reach 100,000+ per day I'm sure we will learn (or should I say re-learn) that respiratory viruses don't really care what we need, desire or believe, they just want access to our airways. 

It seems pretty obvious to me that we have reached a point in the UK where our corrupt, sociopathic leader believes that a body-count of a few hundred people a day plus a few hundred thousand acquiring a lengthy debilitating illness is an acceptable price to pay so that we can get served a warm pint of John Smiths at the bar in Spoons and he and his mates can make a fast-buck in the process. Even the normally gung-ho Americans are warning their citizens not to travel to the UK, that's when you know things have gotten really bad! Yesterday should really have been called "Virus freedom day"..

In other news I see that the race to become the richest twat in space is heating up! Mr. Amazon himself, Jeff Bezos is heading up today in his little knob shaped space rocket, I wish him all success. Although, I bet he's a bit miffed that Mr. Virgin, Richard Branson beat him to the mark last week. Bezos couldn't resist having a pop at his opposition, claiming that their maximum altitude of 85km wasn't officially space which he claims begins at 100km, I guess Jeff is concerned that size does matter? Only Mr. Tesla left to go now to complete the set, I wonder how high he'll get? As a kite probably..

I'm beginning to regret taking a few days off in the rain last week as the weather this week is absolutely scorching and looks set to continue right up to the weekend! In a text-book example of what is known as "sod's law" as the Sun radiates down outside, I find myself stuck in my home office all day doing boring admin stuff in a room full of toasty computers all humming away belching out warm air! Still, mustn't grumble at least there isn't as much heat at home as has been generated by big Dom this week! I'm not sure there's much light to go with it though, but let's face it, in these temperatures the grapes are bound to sour.

Apparently we're starting to experience shortages of things in our supermarkets again, this time due to a lack of uninfected HGV drivers and blockages at ports over excessive new administrative requirements. Coincidently, I've recently noticed some severe price-hikes for certain computer equipment due to shortages of components, which is just what we need right now! Anyway, probably best I don't get started on the intersection of Global Pandemics and Brexit at this point, it's not good for my blood pressure and I'll need all my energy to fight off the Omega variant this Autumn...

All that's left to say is, good luck fellow "herd"!

No comments: