Saturday, May 06, 2023

Political comment


I'm not inclined to bang on about the anti-monarchy position (which I hold) at a time like this, I feel that people should have the right to follow their conscience on the issue and enjoy themselves celebrating, unhindered, if that's what they want to do. What does disturb me however is the rather harsh treatment of protestors in London this weekend, there seems to be an attitude among those in authority to arrest and detain first and ask questions later, there are also many reports of protestors being denied access to locations deemed "too close" to the processional route. I believe that this is wrong and does not accord with traditional "British values", in my view, everyone should have the right to voice their opinion in a meaningful way and not be piled into police vans for peacefully demonstrating!

No comments: