Friday, December 23, 2022

Life's small pleasures


Had the day off work today, popped into town with Wife and Daughter to pick up some last minute bits , as we usually do this time of year we swung by the Nespresso shop to see what new coffees they had in for Christmas. I must admit I'm a sucker for sampling new tastes and flavours in food and drink. It's what drives my interest in wine and craft beer but also extends to things like coffee. The helpful staff in the shop allowed us to sample two new blends, one flavoured with raspberry and the other hazelnut, both excellent but the raspberry one was outstanding (I bought a few packs of that!) It lead me to reflect on the fact that people just outside the shop (in a shopping mall) were tucking into Starbucks coffee at roughly £5 a cup and we had three full sized cups (see picture above) with the milk of our choice (my Daughter is vegan), only 20 feet away for free (I didn't need to buy anything) Anyway, I concluded that sometimes it pays to be inquisitive (and nice to the shop staff) when it comes to life's small pleasures.

 

No comments: