Saturday, December 31, 2022

Passengers who got off the bus in 2022

 


Quite a few famous people died in 2022, although clearly quite a few famous people die every year! It just feels to those of us who remain that somehow the pendulum is swinging ever closer and closer! 

Anyway, I thought I'd capture a list of the people whose obituaries caught my eye this year, people whose work I was a fan of or that, for me, had some other notable characteristic or achievement.

My tribute list (not exhaustive) goes as follows,

  • Shane Warne - That ball to Graham Gooch, what more can we say?
  • Robbie Coltrane - Hagrid!
  • Meatloaf - That album cover, epic!
  • Christine McVie - Best female song writer ever?
  • Ray Liotta - Goodfellas, awesome.
  • James Caan - The Godfather of course, but also Elf!
  • Denis Waterman - Who didn't love The Sweeny and Minder?
  • Leslie Phillips - Ding, dong!
  • Nichelle Nichols - Star trek original, never bettered
  • Queen Elizabeth II - A decent innings
  • Vangelis - Chariots of fire, nuff said.
  • Mikhail Gorbachev - Changed the world for the better.
  • Barry Cryer - King of the one-liners
  • Jet Black - No more hero's

No comments: