Sunday, December 11, 2022

Nagging Thursday

In a fit of pre-Christmas cheer I invited a bunch of people from my team at work to the pub on Thursday afternoon this week, we decided to go into Reading, being the nearest big town, and spent a rather splendid couple of hours shirking off work, supping a few pints and setting the world to rights. 

The pub in question is certainly the best in the town and probably the best in the county, it's called the "Nags Head" and frequently wins pub of the year awards etc. The beer choices are epic, at least 40 different beers on tap both cask and keg with a strong emphasis on local producers, which I approve of greatly! Anyway the above example was from local Tilehurst based brewers Double Barrelled and was excellent. A proper NE style IPA, smooth, creamy and massively hoppy up front with a delightful spikey carbonation and just a tiny hint of bitterness on the finish, this is a brewery that I should pay more attention to! They've certainly up'd their game since the last time I tried one of theirs, I feel a trip over to their tap-room should be in my near future!

 

No comments: