Wednesday, December 14, 2022

1500!

 


As previously mentioned on this blog I track my fitness on an Apple watch/app and lucky old me got the latest version of that gizmo for my birthday (from the Mrs) back in October, it has a whole bunch of new features and is vastly superior in terms of battery capacity and duration and so has kept me interested and inspired to continue using it for this purpose. Yesterday, I managed to complete 1500 consecutive days of hitting my 3 fitness targets (Yoga, walking & weights), that's over four years solid (including several very hung-over new years days) A pretty decent milestone I reckon, roll on five years! 

So do I notice any difference in my general health from doing all this activity? Yes, absolutely! Far fewer colds and coughs (no C19 yet) so my immune system seems to be benefiting, strength and flexibility has improved dramatically as has stamina. Of course, it's not a miracle cure, I still get issues like LBP (lower back pain) i.e. the typical issues of getting older, but I've noticed that my recovery from such things is a lot quicker than it used to be. For example, I tweaked something in my lower spine this weekend (Sunday) and as per usual my whole lower back has now tightened up and is painful when I bend etc. but I continue to stretch, do weights and walk every day and after 2 days I can feel it starting to relent already, 10 years ago the same thing used to take me 3-4 weeks to recover from, sometimes longer so I think I'll stick with the plan for now, see how things progress.

No comments: