Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Modern life..


I see that Brewdog are in trouble again over "misleading" advertising. Apparently one of their adverts claimed that one or more of their hazy fruit beers could be "one of your five a day", seriously? Does the ASA (advertising standards authority) really believe that people look at this and think, oh splendid, I won't buy that apple, I'll buy a can of 7% heavily hopped beer instead? 

I guess their job is to be impartial (in a lowest common denominator kind of way) but surely you'd have thought someone, somewhere in that organisation has a scintilla of a sense of humour. Ah well, I guess Brewdog have at least maintained their image as the "bad boys" of the brewing industry, the old adage of any publicity is good publicity certainly holds true in their case! No doubt there are some wry smiles and sage nodding floating around the BD board-room this morning.

No comments: