Monday, December 05, 2022

Lager lout


I tried a new Siren beer on Sunday (pic. above) called "Sportsball" I guess it's supposed to go with the omni-present football at the moment, anyway, not much of that going on in our house but yesterday we decided to cook up a proper Sunday lunch, and I had this beer to reward my efforts (apparently our team did OK too?). 

It's a Kölsch style lager which means it was brewed with a top fermenting yeast like an ale but then stored (cold) for a few weeks like a lager, hops vary from place to place, but most (as I suspect this one did) use the German noble varieties such as Saaz, Tettnang or Hallertau. This example had nice white fruit aromas, apples, pears etc. and subtle flowery notes, not a huge beer with a light malt character but generally balanced and fresh, more of a Summer beer perhaps but never the less a nice light 4% treat with a Sunday lunch.

 

No comments: