Saturday, December 31, 2022

Siren


I can't let 2022 slip by without paying tribute to my local craft brewer Siren. Another stellar performance (the 9th since the firm started in 2013), many new beers to taste over the course of the year, some old friends making a reappearance albeit in tweaked form, and a several bangers to positively celebrate! 

Particular stand-outs for me this year (in no particular order) were,

  • One in a Million - Baby Time-Hops Citra-Mosaic
  • Time-Hops Citra-Mosaic - By far my favourite Siren beer of the year
  • Surrounded by the Sound - Galaxy and Nelson, white wine and citrus, lovely
  • Off Beat - Nice pilsner, biscuits for days
  • Suspended in Series - Citra, Talus and Simcoe were my top 3 in this series
  • Rational Haze - Belgian yeast IPA, unusual, tasty
  • White Tips - Not unique to this year but as good as ever
  • New Favourite Day - Nice DIPA, tropical, lingering flavours
  • Twists & Turns - Loved both of these, particularly the Westy
  • Enter Galaxy - Love this hop, oranges and lemons, delicious
  • Sold My Soul for Azacca - Part of a series, great hop!
  • CCC Series - Another triumph, my fav was Candour


No comments: